If you like this post, you might consider these others ones as well…
- The most powerful prayer to break strongholds (2010)
- Put on Christ – Gal 3:27 (2008)
- Jesus’ righteousness is the key to Christian overcoming (2006)
This prayer (below) is a very powerful prayer.
As your speak the scriptures out, you are using the sword of your mouth. We speak scripture because it is the words of God, it is the truth and it is the sword of the spirit.
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. – Eph 6:17
So what I have done is compiled a series of new testament scriptures in 5 mini-themes:
- God gave gifts given to the world
- the world’s release from the law
- the end of sin
- the end of death
- the grace of God now reigns in this world
This prayer is the result of many years of struggle and learning. Each scripture has been prayed over hundreds if not more than a thousand times.
As I read these scriptures over several times, daily, the message of what Jesus Christ did on His cross and the power out-flowing from His resurrection sinks deeper and deeper into me, enlarging my faith. I hope it does for you too
– GIFTS — “Jesus Christ took the sins of the world upon Himself and He experienced death for every individual person (Heb 2:9), for both believers and unbelievers (1Jn 2:2) and Jesus Christ gave life to the world (Jn 6:33, 1 Cor 15:22) and God gave gifts to the world (Eph 4:8). It was God in Jesus Christ reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting the world’s trespasses against them but canceling them (2Co 5:19, Rom 5:10) and making purification for sins (Heb 1:3). For our sake God made Jesus Christ to be sin who knew no sin, so that IN Jesus Christ we might become the righteousness of God (2Co 5:21, Rom 3:21). Through Jesus Christ God reconciled everything in Heaven and on Earth back to Himself in peace (Col 1:20).
– LAW — The sting (judicial process) of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law (1Co 15:56). Apart from the law sin lies dead (Rom 7:8). We (Christians) uphold the law! (Rom 3:31) Where there is no law there is no transgression of it (Rom 4:15). Sin is not counted where there is no law (Rom 5:13). Through His cross Jesus Christ created peace between us and God and He reconciled us to God by removing the hostility between us and God which was created by the law (Eph 2:14-16). Jesus Christ redeemed (released) us from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13, Heb 9:12, Rom 7:5-6). Jesus Christ ended the law (Rom 10:4).
– SIN — Jesus Christ subdued and overcame sin (Rom 8:3). Jesus Christ put away and abolished sin by the sacrifice of Himself (Heb 9:26). By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, God condemned sin (Rom 8:3) and acquitted all men and gave them right standing with God (Rom 5:18). Sin has no dominion over us because we are under grace (Rom 6:14)
– DEATH — “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? (judicial process)” (1Co 15:55). Death can no longer sting (judicial process) us (1Cor 15:56). Death you could not hold Jesus Christ (Acts 2:24). Now Jesus Christ ALONE holds the keys to death and Hades (Rev 1:18). Death is destroyed (2Tim 1:10). Jesus Christ destroyed the devil’s work (1 Jn 3:8), He brought the devil to nought and made him of no effect (Heb 2:14). He disarmed and triumphed over them (Col 2:15), Jesus Christ led them captive (Eph 4:8) and you have been gathered into a pit/dungeon (Is 24:21-22). devil, may NO fruit EVER come from you again (Matt 21:19). Get behind me satan, you are in my way! (Matt 16:23), in the Name of Jesus Christ.”
– GRACE — God’s grace (His undeserved and unmerited mercy and favor toward this world) has surpassed sin and death, it has increased more, it has superabounded and His grace reigns in this world! (Rom 5:21)
It is one single prayer, a logical progression from gifts given to the world by God through His Son Jesus Christ… flowing through to the logical end, with the grace of God reigning in this world.
This prayer is mighty because Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith, it is He who has overcome… this prayer is a weapon to pull down strongholds. All you need to do is speak it in faith…
For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds – 2 Cor 10:4
I accept and understand that these truths might not be currently visible in your life, but go ahead and speak them out prophetically. Speak them in faith, because we walk by faith and not by sight. We have taught that it is scriptural to speak to the mountains and to speak to the fig tree… so speak these scriptures!
Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you” – Matt 9:28-30
What an encouraging thing Jesus Christ taught us… that He does in our life according to our faith. As Reinhard Bonnke said recently, it is our faith that limits us…
Whatever power God gives us it is subject to faith. ALL power is available, but it operates or is limited by our faith. There is no point in praying for more power, more Holy Spirit. There is one Spirit and He is all-sufficient. He does not come in degrees, but in fullness, ‘according to your faith be it unto you”. The limitation is not in God – He comes to us in fullness. We limit God. – Reinhard Bonnke
Let us not limit our faith at all. Believe those scriptures and speak them out boldy. It will be done according to your faith. So have faith!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: People do not have eternal life until they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. This prayer does not give someone eternal life. You and I cannot give anyone eternal life through our faith. People only come to Jesus Christ when the Father enables them.
But what I CAN DO is believe that Jesus Christ HAS removed the obstacles in their way so that they can respond to Him more easily. Law-sin-death used to reign in this world and kept people trapped and blinded in a web of ever increasing pain and trauma. Your faith breaks that cycle and causes this world to live under the reign of God’s grace.
That is what we do in this prayer, we acknowledge the all sufficient sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour. We acknowledge the power outflowing from His resurrection (Phil 3:7-11).
Faith is the access to power in Heaven, and by speaking out these scriptures in faith you will see mountains moved in your life and in lives around you.