In case you are praying for Southern Afghanistan, here is a useful map…
That image is from The Star.
I am not taking sides. My prayers are intended to remove sin and disempower death and destroy the works of the devil. How that plays out in the real world is not something I can predict or control.
That image is from the BBC in 2006. You can read more about that ritual.
The image above is from The Star.
I want to see people become free, free to think, free to govern themselves, free to make a future for themselves and their families. I am not imposing any foreign religion, not imposing any foreign culture.
As far as I know the goal in this region is to get the elders back into a position of authority…
With Taliban and Afghan government leaders taking the first, tentative steps toward possible reconciliation, and southern villagers in some areas more willing to take part in traditional governing councils — called shuras — the situation may not be as hopeless as many here think.
(the local) leadership, and their structures, have been degraded, going back to Soviet times (in the 1970s).” – The Star.
He cautioned that it may take up to a year for the most violent areas around Kandahar to become stable…
“The problem we have here is that so many elders have been killed or driven out. You need leadership at a village level and you need the elders to step up to the plate, this is absolutely vital for the process to go ahead.” – The Independant
Praying for the USA
And with respect to praying for the USA, I am going to go ahead with that.
I’m praying over a non-political map (in other words it has no reference to which political party currently holds which of the 51 states). My only goal is to believe in Jesus Christ – that He cancelled out sin, He destroyed death and He destroyed the works of the devil and He destroyed the devil too.
With these spiritual shifts in the USA things are certain to change. HOW that plays out in real life… we will just have to wait and see. Here is an example of a non-political which map I will use…
Stay focussed on the real issue
Although countries fight one another, and people struggle with one another… the real focus should not be killing one another, the real focus should be this:
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. – Ephesians 6:12
DRC rape situation
If you are praying for the
- Rape victims in DR Congo march against sexual violence – Xinhua - Deng Shasha -BEIJING, Oct. 18 (Xinhuanet) — Organizers hoped the march would combat the stigma attached to rape victims and draw international attention to the problem of rape as a weapon of war.
Marchers Demand End to Mass Rapes in Congo – Voice of America - The U.N. says about 15,000 rapes are reported in Congo each year.
Thousands of women march in DRCongo against rape – AFP - BUKAVU, DR Congo — “We have fought this for years, and now it seems that the international community is genuinely interested in our problems,” said Nene Rukunghu, a doctor at a hospital in Bukavu where rape victims are treated.
- Congo’s first lady leads thousands of women in march to demand end to mass … – The Canadian Press - KINSHASA, Congo — The United Nations recently reported that 303 civilians were raped in 13 nearby villages from July 30-Aug. 2.
This week, wherever you live or work, take a moment to look around a crowded room. Image interviewing ALL the people – men and women – and hearing that half of the women in that crowded room have been raped, and one quarter of the men in that room have been raped.
Please pray. It is your faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross which overcomes the evil of this world.
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. – 1 John 5:4
God bless you!
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.