This is a series of posts…
- “Nothing will be impossible for you” – Jesus Christ (October 2011)
- Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you HAVE received it (October 2011)
- How does faith work? (Nov 2006)
- Not by might nor by power but by my Spirit (Zech 4:6)
- The Kingdom of God grows – its a process
- In The parable of the sower we have to persist until we bear fruit
- In The parable of the lamp on a stand we will get what we ASK for
The parable of: A Lamp on a stand, what does it mean? 🙂
He (Jesus) said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.” – Mark 4:21-25 (NIV)
What is Jesus saying here? What is being shown?
So I did a bit more research at biblegateway.com on those passages and in several versions alongside each other.
Let’s take a look at the amplified version (Please read my note about the AMP):
And He said to them, Is the lamp brought in to be put under a peck measure (basket, bowl or washtub) or under a bed, and not to be put on the lampstand? [Things are hidden temporarily only as a means to revelation.] For there is nothing hidden except to be revealed, nor is anything [temporarily] kept secret except in order that it may be made known. – Mark 4:21-22 (AMP)
I think that is great! It says that Jesus intends to show these things to those who ASK for it.