Jesus said: According to your faith be it done to you. Matthew 9:29, check it out!
Then He touched their eyes, saying, “It shall be done to you according to your faith.” (NASB)
Then He touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith and trust and reliance [on the power invested in Me] be it done to you;
He touched their eyes and said, “Become what you believe.” It happened. They saw.
That’s an interesting word: become. It indicates a *process* – that it takes time to go from glory to increasing glory (with shipwrecks in between sometimes).So when I read the bible and His words, what do I see evidence for? What do I believe? What will I become?
The bible says some interesting things about me:
- Jesus’ death set me free from sin, law, death, sickness and all demonic – I am now in the process of being set free.
- Jesus came to destroy all the works of the devil and principalities and powers. He lives to do this. He will do this in my life as I ask Him to.
- Jesus’ stripes were for my healing – physically and emotionally.
- He is in me, I am in Him. This is another process where we ask our Father for more of His Kingdom and then use what we have received
- They (God) will teach me to have relationship with them, if I ask for that. Ask and keep on asking for revelation of Him is a good way to speed this along.
- I am growing in His likeness as I learn about Him.
These are all biblical statements and somehow, if we believe them, they become true for us and our lives.
I never forget that Paul said:
1 Thess 3:10 (NLT) Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill up anything that may still be missing in your faith.
Paul was hoping to come to Thessalonica and teach the people more… to supply what is lacking in your faith (NIV version).
1 Thess 3:10 (NIV) Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.
Having faith in Jesus means this:
- to agree that what He said (or what God said of Him in the Old Testament) is true
- to trust in that truth and rely on it
We can know the truth, agree with it and tell it to each other… without trusting and relying on it… and that may be why it doesn’t actually work for us.