Buddha seems to have spoken about:
- the existence of sin
- the enormous weight of sin
- his (Buddha) inability to ever overcome the weight of sin through any amount of good works
- that a Holy One (Jesus, 500 years later) would be able to cause people to overcome sin
- Buddha described Jesus scars and wounds, to help us identify the Holy One
- that Jesus is able to take people to heaven, rather than any other “recycling” teaching
Just think… if this really was Buddha’s teaching. Incredible. Just incredible. Why don’t Buddhists then listen to Buddha’s teaching and come to Jesus, the One who can overcome sin?
It reminds me of when I went to the main Hindu temple in Delhi. In the “not for tourists” part (where I of course felt led to go) I saw some plaques describing the birth of the world and life in general. It had a vaiety of information, but it contained some very interesting tid-bits – particularly:
- In the beginning there was the “3-in-1” God
- 1/3rd of the angels were thrown out of heaven to earth
- those angels have names like… and they listed various names of various gods
I was astonished. This is the MAIN Hindu temple in Delhi and they KNOW that God is God. And they KNOW that they are following fallen angels. I was shocked. Their own teachings on their own plaques on their own walls in their own temple… the truth was right there.
Someday I hope to go back to that temple and talk to the head dude there and ask him, why doesn’t he worship the 3-in-1 God if he knows that there is such a God?