I often used to encourage waitrons (the people bringing your coffee to you) and ask them how it feels to be santa… because they are bringing presents to everyone! And today I get to be santa – bringing presents of good news to you.
It doesn’t matter if I look like a kook, talk like a kook and people tell you I am a kook… just look at the facts maam, look at the facts! I hope that as you see the facts changing, you will believe that Jesus Christ is real and believe Jesus Christ loves us all and believe Jesus Christ is doing something that He began 2000 years ago.
Violence shall no more be heard in your land, nor devastation or destruction within your borders, but you shall call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise. – Is 60:18
Homicides down in USA
I would love to show the same stats for other countries, but I can’t find countries that publish their stats in a concise, readable, useful format. So once again we are forced to focus on the US! 🙂
- Homicides down in some large US cities (AP)
- Crime continues to fall in Los Angeles despite bad economy (LA Times)
While the nation’s preliminary crime statistics won’t be released by the FBI until spring, a review of unofficial figures released by 25 of the 52 police departments in cities with a population of over 350,000 showed 15 of the 25 had fewer slayings last year than in ’07.
- Milwaukee – The number of black men between the ages of 15 and 29 killed dropped nearly two-thirds, from 54 in 2007 to 19 last year. Total homicides dropped 32 percent, from 105 in 2007 to 71 last year — the lowest number since 1985. The city also saw fewer gun deaths
- Detroit – had 344 slayings, a 13 percent drop from the 396 in 2007
- Philadelphia’s – 332 killings were a 15 percent drop from the 392 in 2007
- Baltimore – 234 homicides in Baltimore were 17 percent less than the 392 the year before
- Cleveland – recorded 102 homicides in 2008, down from a 13-year high of 134 in 2007
- LA – Homicides in Los Angeles have plunged 27 percent during the past five years
- Gary Ind. – recorded 51 homicides during 2008, down 28 percent from the 71 recorded during 2007
- Newark N.J. – homicides fell to 67, an eight-year low
- New Orleans – saw 179 murders, a 15 percent drop from the 210 in 2007
- Houston, Minneapolis, Jacksonville, Fla., Boston, San Jose, Calif., San Francisco, Oakland, Calif., Tulsa, Okla., also all had fewer slayings last year than the year before
- In the 25 cities there were a combined 4,291 slayings in 2008, an overall 2.7 percent drop from the 4,409 recorded in 2007
This is just the start. Expect Him to do big big things! 🙂
125,000 Gorillas “found”
Now check this out!
- 125000 ‘lost’ gorillas found in the Congo – Times Online – Scientists have dramatically revised population estimates for gorillas after massive numbers of the animals were found in an area of central Africa the size of Switzerland (see CNN.com plus NYTimes)
It’s hard to imagine that 125,000 rare gorillas can simply appear out of nowhere, isn’t it? How do you “find” an area the size of Switzerland, especially when that area was recently involved in conflict… a war zone. Bizarre.
I love this quote:
“Hear it from Roger Pielke Sr, Professor Emeritus of the Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University: Global warming has stopped for the last few years. Yet our emissions have kept rising.”
Wow. Sounds like God’s fingerprints were found at the scene!:)
And to wrap it all up, something more fun… contains Aussie rain predictions that didn’t happen
This is a part of a series
- During the tournament… there was no crime – Jacob Zuma, posted on 14 July 2010
- And then there were 8! (Peace everywhere prophecy), posted on 12 April 2010
- The good news keeps on coming in SA, posted on 25 September 2009
- An end to conflicts and revival 2, posted on 17 September 2009
- An end to conflicts and revival, posted on 19 May 2009
- Violence shall no more be heard in your land, nor devastation or destruction, posted on 4 January 2009
- Tracking the change, posted on 10 December 2008
- Iraq, cancer and times of change, posted on 7 December 2008
- Signs of life, posted on 2 December 2008 (First, oldest)