I mentioned previously that He has asked me to pray for His bride. I wonder if other people would like to join in praying for her? I verbally, out loud, explicitly include all denominations, all shapes, hues, sizes, ages and color. From Catholic to “emergent”, from Russian Orthodox to house churches worldwide – and everything in between.
I have a four part prayer. I will share two of the parts here…
In both cases I personalize the prayer by verbally and out loud making mention of the groups or people I am praying for. I include Israel in this prayer, because He has asked me to. I also mention the countries and cities that come to mind.
I’d like to highlight how I pray Eph 5:25-27. As I pray those verses, I boldly assert that Jesus Christ has done – on His cross – the following 6 things for His bride:
Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her
- He sanctified her
- He cleansed her
- He washed her with water
- He presents the church to Himself in glorious splendor
- He made her without spot or wrinkle or any such things
- Her made her holy and faultless
… all because of Him and because of His cross.
And as I pray that I experience a wonderful sense of Jesus Christ, of whiteness, of bright light, I see things to pray for. The person who lives in the house with me has noticed the perfume that is in the house and asked me about it. It’s been there twice so far 🙂 Woohoo!
Let me highlight Eph 1:15-20 as well. The verse begins… I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant…
- His bride a spirit of wisdom and revelation
- His bride insight into mysteries and secrets in the deep and intimate knowledge of Jesus Christ
- His bride to have the eyes of her heart flooded with light
- His bride will know and understand the hope to which He has called her
- His bride will know how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones)
- His bride can know and understand what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in her and for her
As I pray this – more than once a day – I’m being changed! I see His bride and my heart is softening to her. I see things I’ve never imagined before. Pray for His bride and He will do for you what is described in this post: When unprofitable servants are served
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.