In the days after Haiti I have been struggling with what is happening there. I couldn’t bring myself to read the scriptures about that event. Eventually I did and I saw what I already knew to be true. That Haiti was not the last.
I sat with that for several days and then two days ago I asked God to speak to me and let me hear His voice, so I know for SURE that this is not just from me. I heard the words “My sword is bathed in heaven” as I was praying to Him. I recognised the words but I didn’t know where they are from.
Yesterday I found the scripture embedded in a verse that speaks of where the slaughter will occur
Because My sword has been bathed and equipped in heaven, behold, it shall come down upon Edom [the descendants of Esau], upon the people whom I have doomed for judgment. – Is 34:5
I had been having small images – like visions – and I desperately needed to hear it from Him personally and directly, before I blog it.
The vision I had was of Babe Ruth pointing to where he will hit the ball. Of course you can expect the pitcher to then bowl a ball that can not be hit there… but Babe Ruith proceeded to hit it there anyway. (Or so the lore goes).
God did the same thing through Moses to Pharoah, He predicted what He would do and then He did it. Before all this began to happen He led me in a bible study about Moses and the things that happened… the point of it all was two-fold:
- to ensure that people know there is a God and He is to be taken seriously
- to show His authority over all other “gods”
Most of my distress is for the people involved, it keeps me praying and worrying late at night.
Some of my distress is internal and existential… my theology did not stretch to encompass the “sweet Lamb” Jesus Christ doing things like this. As time has passed I have come to see it differently. He is also a Lion. He is both. When God delivered His people, He also destroyed their oppressors – both in Egypt and also in Babylon (through Cyrus).
I needed scriptural proof of this aspect of Jesus Christ, before I would blog about it. I was shown two examples.
- Firstly, the book of Revelations (Rev 6:7) clearly shows “the Lamb” (Jesus Christ) opening the scrolls which release the horse and riders to harm the earth.
- Secondly, Rev 6:16-17 clearly uses the words “deep-seated indignation and wrath of the Lamb”. This was not a side of Jesus Christ that I had encountered before. I had not been taught it, I had never prayed it and I had no room in my theology for it.
The accuracy of the Haiti slaughter was astonishing as you will know if you read the scriptures describing it. Therefore I have no doubt that the scriptures about Edom will just as accurate…
Seek out of the book of the Lord and read: not one of these [details of prophecy] shall fail, none shall want and lack her mate [in fulfillment]. For the mouth [of the Lord] has commanded, and His Spirit has gathered them. – Is 34:16
God and Jesus Christ are not shy about what is happening… it is their purpose to stamp their authority on this world
Hear, you who are far off [says the Lord], what I have done; and you who are near, acknowledge My might! – Is 33:13
This is a part of the Edom series…
- The day of vengeance of our God – Isa 34:8, posted on 7 October 2010
- Signs, a call to repent, posted on 20 June 2010
- Clapping, posted on 31 May 2010
- What happened to… Josiah? Posted on 5 April 2010
- My sword is bathed in heaven, posted on 22 January 2010