I hope leadership is watching this. You have witnessed another miracle. The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
Summary written 24 May 2012
- 20 April 2010 explosion of Deepwater Horizon, which drilled on the BP-operated Macondo Prospect killing 11 men. Safeguards set in place to automatically cap the oil well in case of catastrophe did not work as expected.
- It flowed unabated for three months in 2010. Several solutions were not successful, the public was told it WILL NOT be fixed for another months until a relief well head could be drilled.
- “BP and federal officials have decided to abandon any attempts to plug the gushing well before a relief well is completed in August, and are now focused on efforts to contain the oil.” – Day 42: The Latest on the Oil Spill – Published: 1 June 2010
- 27th June 2010 was declared a “Statewide Day of Prayer”
- Two weeks later on 15 July 2010 the gushing wellhead was capped
Detail written at the time of the event
A vast amount of oil was gushing into the world’s water supply. Even larger amounts of chemicals were being poured in to stop the oil. This was labelled as the USA’s biggest disaster in history with no solution in sight.
Then political leadership suggested a statewide day of prayer. The governors of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, and the Lt. Governor of Florida issued proclamations.
The prayer was called for June 27… and within approximately 2 weeks the leak was stopped. Wow! Can I get a hallelujah!!??
Here is a snippet of the declaration in Louisiana…
Here’s Governor Bobby Jindal’s declaration of June 27th as a “Statewide Day of Prayer”:
BATON ROUGE (June 24, 2010) – Today, Governor Bobby Jindal issued a proclamation declaring June 27th as a “Statewide Day of Prayer” for perseverance through the oil spill crises.
Proclamation on Statewide Day of Prayer:
WHEREAS, Louisiana is entering the 66th day of an economic and environmental crisis caused by the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, which is the largest oil spill in American history; and, … read more of the declaration on Huffington Post…
These leaders seeked the Shepherding of Jesus Christ… and what happened? Yes, you guess it. The leak was capped. The flow was stopped.
Let me say it again, the leadership of countries must seek the Shepherding of Jesus Christ – and you will be able to overcome whatever you face.
So… America, you have seen the power of prayer. Now what?
You solved the oil leak with the help of Jesus Christ. You did it yourself, it was your prayers. You now know you can do it.
So what will you fix now? Crime? Housing? Low poll numbers? New visions needed for the direction ahead? Debt?
Leaders, you have seen it can be done. Where there was no hope, now suddenly there is hope. It’s as if someone sudenly handed you a tool from the toolset – and you can fix things that you never could fix before!
So what will you choose to do? Remember the key is to seek the Shepherding of Jesus Christ. Don’t go it alone and think you can do it. You have the tool for the job and it is irresponsible not to use this tool.
Don’t leave it to the churches, God used Jeremiah to judge the political leadership of his day. It’s up to you. God put you in charge.
You have debt problems, tent cities are mushrooming… you can do it. Go to Jesus Christ for Shepherding.
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.
For more posts related to our need for Shepherding, please read these:
- Stages of change towards countries seeking the Shepherd – 10 24 10
- My role… pastor/shepherd – 03 31 10
- Different metaphors for our relationship with Jesus Christ – 09 09 10
- Governors of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas and Florida prayed – and received! – 07 19 10
- During the tournament… there was no crime – Jacob Zuma – 07 14 10
- And the miracle keeps on… but a warning – 05 27 10
- Manufacturing for South Africa and other prophecies – one year on! – 05 18 10
- My sheep hear my voice – 03 09 09
- The good Shepherd – 03 07 09