I don’t want to repeat what I wrote there, but I think it’s time to show what we believe is true. So starting on monday 6th Sept 2010 let’s pray for a country which has had trouble for ages and ages.
I’m not into random speculation. From the get-go on this blog I’ve tried to document things ahead of time and then compare them afterwards. So far so good. So how do we set a base level for Afghanistan? What measurable, trusted information can we source to use as a base line? Then if the war decreases and ends there, we know for sure there has been a deviation from the base line.
As it happens – praise God for WikiLeaks!! – they recently published 77,000 documents about the war there. A team of U.S. political geographers then analyzed the “Afghanistan war logs” in a spatial framework, made possible because each of the 77,000 events has geographic coordinates and dates!
The result is made public on this page: Afghanistan & Pakistan Violent Event Analysis using ACLED and WikiLeaks Data
You can grab the PDFs from here:
So now we have exact geographic co-orindates to pray over. In fact there are some absolutely amazing image in that PDF!
Look at that spike of violence in 2009! Each year was worse than the previous one. This is a problem looking for a solution! And we Christians DO have a solution! 🙂
So now we have a scientific base line for our prayers. This problem of war in the country is intractible. It has not improved or changed for a long long long time. If there is change now, it’s for certain that it’s because of our prayers.
This approach of documenting things first – in public – is the same approach I took when praying for the drought in Australia. You can read more about that here:
2008-9 Prophecies and Miracles v2 (3MB) – A collection of all blog posts relating to the prophecies and fulfilled miracles during my stay in Australia. <100 pages. Feedback welcome!
So now we are ready. We have a huge long lasting, increasing need. We have a base line. Any major downward deviation from the trend can be attributed to our prayers.
Now we just need to get some kick ass prayers together! 🙂 That’s the next blog post 🙂
Remember to join with me in pray starting from Sep 6th, 2010.
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.