Yesterday I wrote this post: Setting Jesus Christ as the cornerstone and foundation
In that post I restate what I’ve written so many times before, that Jesus Christ is the Solution to everything. If your reaction is to be a skeptic, then I think that is quite reasonable. After all, mere words don’t change things. What we need is REAL CHANGE. You want to SEE it, before you will believe it. Right?
This morning, during my prayer time, I had an idea. I’ve done it before and I didn’t expect to be doing it again. But this feeling has remained with me.
So in the full glare of whoever is reading this, let me prove to you that Jesus Christ is the solution to the world’s problems. While people begin to panic (see World cannot afford worsening disasters, warns UN climate change chief) I’m going to stand up and do what the church is meant to be doing.
We are meant to be changing the world. Not gathering in cliques inside buildings and worshipping Jesus Christ. We are meant to be TAKING Jesus Christ TO the world and being salt and light to the world. We are not meant to be a fortress which survives the onslaught of evil… instead the bible is absolutely clear that our faith in Jesus Christ (on the cross and resurrected at the right hand of God) is the only thing that overcome the evil of this world.
You see, Jesus Christ is the only solution for this world and I’m going to prove it to you. With your help, Christians, let’s pray for Afghanistan and end the war there… because remember, it is our faith which overcomes the evil of this world.
1 John 5:4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Pray with me, starting on Monday 6 Sept 2010. In the following post I will provide exact instructions on how to pray.
Your faith may never be the same again, as you see an intractable problem in this world resolved RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.