In the previous posts I showed the need from an independant source and then outlined exactly where we need to pray. I’ve asked you – the coalition of willing Christian prayers – to print off those maps, because you will be using them to pray.
I also provided a link to a list of prayer scriptures which you – the coalition of willing Christian prayers – will use to speak over these areas. Please would you print off these prayer verses.
Jesus Christ is the One Who gives life to the dead.
We are going to walk by faith and not by sight. Regardless of the carnage and mayhem in Afghanistan, we will be “declaring life to the dead, calling things that are not as though they were”.
Christian, your faith is very powerful, as you speak out your faith in boldness, your faith filled words bring life!
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. – Proverbs 18:21
So let us “indulge” and eat… but not in the fruit of death, let’s speak LIFE over Afghanistan. And Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and HE IS THE LIFE. Let’s speak Jesus Christ over Afghanistan!
What we are NOT doing
- We are not investigating the spiritual past of this country to find out why the violence is in these areas.
- We are not doing investigative efforts to find out what to repent of and then repenting for those things. (This is a fruitless effort because all the sins from thousands of years can never be known anyway!)
- We are not attacking anything, not opposing anything, not speaking against anything, not offending anyone, not criticizing anyone.
- We are not taking sides in politics, we are on the side of Jesus Christ Who died for the whole world and for all people – believers and non-believers alike.
Did Jesus Christ die for people who DONT believe in Him?
Well, let’s study the scriptures…
And He [that same Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the sins of] the whole world. – 1 John 2:2
1.But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. – Heb 2:9
So it’s crystal clear… Jesus Christ died NOT ONLY for believers, but He died for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD. “For every man”.
So let’s speak that in faith. Let’s declare it. Believe it.
What we ARE doing
We are bringing life and freedom and release to this area which has been ravaged by evil. The faith of a Christian is based on Jesus Christ. On the cross, Jesus Christ overcame all evil. It is out faith which then overcomes the evil of this world.
For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. – 1 John 5:4
God has spoken “the Word” over the whole world, and we know that the Word is Jesus Christ. He is what is alive and full of power, He is effective!!
For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword – Hebrews 4:12
We simply add our faith. But we must build on Jesus Christ as the cornerstone and foundation. Christian, if you are willing to pray for Afghanistan, your prayers will only be effective if you pray based on the finished work of Jesus Christ.
Let me show you a few of the scriptures you will speak over these regions which need life, freedom and release from evil.
- For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” – Joh 6:33
Did you see that? Jesus Christ didn’t just give life to believers, He gave life to the world! Speak it out in faith!
- The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. – 1 John 3:8
On His cross, Jesus Christ destroyed the devil’s work. Speak it out, in faith, with conviction, with assuredness!
- but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. – 2 Tim 1:10
Jesus Christ has destroyed death! When you pray for those regions in Afghanistan, point your finger towards the areaand declare the truth – Jesus Christ has destroyed death, He has brought life! Amen! Boldness is required!
- in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. – 2Co 5:19
No matter what has happened there, the evil, the lies and faleshood, the covenants… none of it matters. What matters is what Jesus Christ did on the cross and in His resurrection. That scripture says plainly… God is NOT counting the trespasses of Afghanistan against them. Claim it. State it! Speak it.
In this time, let me remind you. We are not coming against any religion or belief. I personally have visited 27 different countries, been to the headquarters of many religions, spoken to people as often as I can to understand them. In almost all cases I have found wonderful, kind, generous people who are seeking God in one form or another. At the end of my journies I am more convinced than ever that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
In our prayers we are not criticising or opposing, instead we are bringing life, speaking truth, declaring what Jesus Christ has done. It is our faith that overcomes the evil of this world… it is our faith that will set Afghanistan free!
Free… to what?
Even in the Garden of Eden God gave warnings of what to do, but Adam and Eve were physically and mentally and emotionally free to do whatever they want.
So in that same way, even as we see freedom from evil come upon Afghanistan, we must bear in mind that people there have the freedom to NOT change if they don’t want to.
But it is my hope that they will change and seek and find Jesus Christ, the One Who died on the cross for their freedom.
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.