So yesterday was monday and the Christianprayed for Afghanistan. I prayed. I hope you prayed too.
This prayer comes just as this article is published: 2010 to be Afghanistan’s deadliest year.
To prepare I printed off the 35 prayer scriptures that I used in previous 911-prayer situations:
After settling in quietly for my prayer time I looked at the images and felt to choose this one to pray over.
We can all clearly see the growth in death in that area, viewed by year.
That image had been on my mind and I had seen myself speaking to those spikes in violence and telling the spike they were unlawful and improper and to declare the truth over this situation:
Mat 16:19 I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven;
and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth must be what is already bound in Heaven;
and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven
Right there are the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN… Jesus Christ has made all things new and through His sacrifice on the cross, scripture says that everything in Heaven and on Earth has been reconciled back to God. So I am declaring what HAS ALREADY been bound and loosed IN HEAVEN. I am permitted to declare it here on earth.
So I settled in and prayed over Afghanistan using those 35 prayer verses. In particular I spoke to the last image, the one which identifies the three most violent areas: Lashkar Gah, Kandahar and Korangai Valley. I repeated each of the 35 verses four times – once for the country, and then 3 times each region identified…
After praying this I felt that familiar tired feeling inside, like an exhaustion. But the prayer was surprisingly easy. Normally it’s waaaaay harder. Perhaps it was because – unknown to me – God had raised up some people willing to pray for me, as I prayed for Afghanistan. This also was a first for me, over the years I’m usually toiling away quietly.
So that prayer was done, dusted, and I got on with other things in my day. A short while later, perhaps an hour or so, I felt the Holy Spirit says clearly to me: 21:10 and I knew it was Isaiah. So I went to Isaiah 21:10 to see what it says.
O you my threshed and winnowed ones [my own people the Jews, who must be trodden down by Babylon], that which I have heard from the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, I have [joyfully] announced to you [Babylon is to fall]! – Isaiah 21:10
And I came away with the clear feeling that our combined prayers – the Christian coalition of the willing – had succeeded! “Symbolic” Babylon (death, sin, evil) will now fall.
Much later – after watching Survivor! – I was reading the bible again (1 Kings 18:41-45) and saw how Isaiah had heard that the rain had started in v41, but it took time for the “great rain” to arrive in v45. During that time of waiting Isaiah was on his knees, waiting and believing in v42-43.
Please would you decide to believe that Babylon in that area is now fallen. The Afghanistan elections are 18 days away. I didn’t know this until sunday, 3 days after taking up the call to pray for this war and death ravaged country.
I see that in the last 1 hourthe US increased (their already significant) committment to restoring the country. I hope that many countries will now come on board and help Afghanistan become the country that Jesus Christ paid His life to make it – a country where people can live and prosper and have abundant life! A place where people are free to choose what to believe.
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.