We can’t say for sure that things are changing, but this is encouraging…
U.S.-led forces meet little resistance in Kandahar operation – MiamiHerald.com – Saeed Shah – Sep 15, 2010
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — U.S.-led forces began a key operation Wednesday in the 9-year-old war in Afghanistan, meeting surprisingly little initial resistance in the district in the south of the country that gave birth to the Taliban.
But the elections are tomorrow – saturday – and they are expecting trouble. So pls let’s pray for this country.
The offensive comes just ahead of Saturday’s parliamentary elections, a day that’s likely to be bloody, warned the top International Security Assistance Force commander in the south, Maj. Gen. Nick Carter of Britain.
“If it is like last year” – when presidential elections were held – “it will be a very violent day,” Carter said in Kandahar. The Taliban “will want to make it violent enough for people to want to stay indoors.”
No it won’t be like last year. No it won’t be violent. The power of sin and death is broken on the cross of Jesus Christ. And God Himself has asked His people to pray… I have confidence in Jesus Christ that there will not be mayhem.
“I thought we would have seen more resistance than we had,” Dunmyer said. “They knew we were coming, or they knew something was coming soon. Either they evacuated the area or became ‘regular’ citizens of Afghanistan.”
Perhaps the fighters have moved to places where they can disrupt the elections. Let’s keep praying for this country.
Would you join us in prayer today and tomorrow for Afghanistan? Print off the 35 prayer scriptures:
And print off this image of where the violence is occuring in Afghanistan…
Speak the words of the bible, the truth of scripture over each of these 4 violent areas. Point to them and declare the truth. Remember the scripture that says that God’s grace has superabounded MORE than sin and death. Tell that to the spikes of death in that country. Overrule those spikes! They are unlawful and improper. Life and death is in the tongue… so speak!
PLEASE NOTE: I am not at all siding with any political initiative. I’m not pro or against anyone. But I do want to see democracy in Afghanistan, and freedom of religion. I’d like to see boys and girls with a chance to have a wonderful future which includes having an education and getting a job.
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.