Last week on Monday 6th Sept 2010 I heard…
O you my threshed and winnowed ones [my own people the Jews, who must be trodden down by Babylon], that which I have heard from the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, I have [joyfully] announced to you [Babylon is to fall]! – Isaiah 21:10
I blogged about it in this post: Prayer on monday for Afghanistan, Posted on 7 September 2010.
For a few days I wondered if I had misunderstood what “babylon” was. Was it the darkness in Afghanistan as I had blogged in that post? Or was it some other place? Or spiritual babylon (sin/death)?
After a few days of wondering I heard Isaiah 18-21 very clearly and specifically. I heard it again and again, just to make sure that I was getting it right. This time I didn’t share it, I did’t want to say the wrong thing.
I just read it many times and kept wondering what it meant. I read some commentaries and most of them said this is one of the most obscure scriptures in the bible. Huh. Not much help there! Translations even differ over the very first word, is it LO (meaning listen) or WOE (meaning thre is trouble coming). There is a big difference!
So I had to rely on the Holy Spirit to make it clear to me, because the commentaries and translations were all over the place!
So… it’s now some time later and I am able to share the first layer with you. What it means is this.
Within exactly 1 calendar year we will see the end of the power of “spiritual babylon”. What is spiritual babylon? It is the power of sin and death.
I remember a few years back I had a time when I was seeing open visions and experiencing marvelous things, day after day. I shared with a friend that “5 years from now” we will experience the end of sin and death and I specifically mentioned that governments and people will have already adjusted to it. I saw that in 5 years it would be a done deal.
I don’t have access to my journals, but I think that it’s now2 years later. Or 2.5 or 3 years later. I’m not sure. But if it’s 2 year later, then there are 3 years to go.
The transition is quite far along already, from a spiritual point of view. And 1 year from now – exactly 1 year from Sept 2010 – we will have crossed the threshold. Spiritual babylon will have fallen.
Smiting and healing
And the Lord shall smite Egypt, smiting and healing it; and they will return to the Lord, and He will listen to their entreaties and heal them. – Isa 19:22
That means good and bad things will occur during the next 1 year. Dramatic things.
- The good news is that after the end of this one year the need for weapons and medicines will decrease significantly.
- The bad news is that people will struggle as their identities will be severely challenged.
- The good news is that our lives will become freer, the bad news is that people sometimes don’t handle freedom very well and often powerful people take great advantage of times of change, and they try to put in place structures and control and dominion.
- The good news is that Jesus Christ will become a manifest Presence in this world. The bad news – from a secular human point of view – is that many people, cultures, religions and secular institutions will have their identities undermined and this may result in instability. (Again this gives rise to the danger of powerful people taking advantage and seeking to embed their world view during turmoil).
- The good news is that with the “grace of God reigning”, all downsides and dangers will be dampened and lessened and people may not react as badly as they would otherwise.
- The good news is that people will be able to come to Jesus Christ and get help for their lives.
- The good news is that countries will be safer, people will be safer, and healthier and budgets will balance more easily.
- The good news is that the “grace of God” is not a sudden harsh event, but a slow turning around of everything. A gentle scooping up and reassurance with compassion.
The important news is that you are able to read this now and budget for a period of significant turmoil and instability. And you really must plan for this.
But the outcome will be peace – from Egypt to Iraq
In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt and the Egyptian into Assyria; and the Egyptians will worship [the Lord] with the Assyrians. – Isa 19:23
The highway between the countries symbolises peace and interaction across this vast landscape. But the peace will extend everywhere, it’s not just a middle-east peace.
Within a calendar year…
16For the Lord has said this to me, Within a year, according to the years of a hireling [who will work no longer than was agreed], all the glory of Kedar [an Arabian tribe] will fail.
17And the remainder of the number of archers and their bows, the mighty men of the sons of Kedar, will be diminished and few; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has spoken it. – Isa 21:16-17
God sits quietly… and sends help
You have seen Jesus Christ’s willingness to help send rain to a parched land, you have seen Jesus Christ stop devastating hurricanes, you have seen the Afghan elections. So many things. He has shown Himself able to do whatever He says. He has shown His intent is good.
4For thus the Lord has said to me: I will be still and I will look on from My dwelling place, like clear and glowing heat in sunshine, like a fine cloud of mist in the heat of harvest. – Isa 18:4
20And it will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of oppressors, and He will send them a savior, even a mighty one, and he will deliver them. – Isa 19:20
There will be turmoil during this time. But the end result is peace and a good outcome.