Isn’t this encouraging? Wow! Afghan rebel group offers truce terms – By Syed Shoaib Hasan BBC News, Peshawar.
Hezb-e-Islami, a main insurgent group led by former Prime Minister Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, is considered second only to the Taliban in Afghanistan. – Afghan rebel group considers truce – Published: Nov. 17, 2010
- The Hezb-e-Islami’s proposals envisage the US led coalition forces pulling back into their main bases like Bagram in Kabul, and Kandahar.
- A timetable will then be evolved with the Afghan government for free and fair elections within two years.
- All opposition (insurgent) groups will also participate in this. A parliament will then be elected and the Americans can then leave the country
– Afghan rebel group offers truce terms – By Syed Shoaib Hasan BBC News, Peshawar.
I don’t say this WILL happen or it should. But negotiations are a good thing. Talking is good. And this is the second largest militia group… and they are talking about holding elections.
Come on. Wow. Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!
May I remind you that violence was “spiralling” UPwards as recently as Sep 3, 2010
Then we established a base line for our prayers and I wrote that if there is any deviation from the trend – which is more and more violence – then we can be certain the change is Jesus Christ.
Has there been a change? Well… does a relatively peaceful election and now the potential for peace count as a significant deviation? Yes I think it does!
This is a part of a series…
- Afghanistan’s second biggest insurgent group will agree to a ceasefire if… 17 Nov 2010
- Some good news and thanks for Afghanistan prayers 16 Nov 2010
- Today – Monday 11 Oct – we pray for Afghanistan! 10 Nov 2010
- Ok, one more time – let’s pray for Afghanistan 9 Nov 2010
- Let’s pray again for Afghanistan 1 Nov 2010
- Lifting up the shield of faith in Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC 29 Oct 2010
- “Almost a miracle” Afghanistan poll 20 Oct 2010
- Prayer updates – bits and pieces 18 Oct 2010
- Afghan elections tomorrow (saturday) – pls pray 17 Oct 2010
- Pls pray for Afghanistan now – 4 days to elections 15 Oct 2010
- Prayer on monday for Afghanistan 7 Oct 2010
- What we are (and ARE NOT) doing as we pray for Afghanistan 15 Oct 2010
- Getting ready to pray – print off the Afghan areas and the prayers 3 Oct 2010
- Finding a baseline for our prayers – in Afghanistan 3 Oct 2010
- Walking the talk – let’s pray for Afghanistan! 3 Oct 2010 (first in series, oldest post)
Would you like to intercede for peace in your country or in the world? All you need to do is get a map of the area you want to pray for and get this list of scriptures (or download the MS Word version) and speak each scripture out over the area you are praying for. It’s as easy as that.