Through the power of the Holy Spirit I pray this post will provoke change in your thinking, just as this concept did for me. I have never been the same since He dropped this into my spirit.
- This world was create IN love, THROUGH love, FOR love (read this first)
- Marriage – in, through, for love (read second)
- You have been regenerated born again (read last)
In the bible it gives us this high calling…
1THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].
and walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another]
as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us – Eph 5:1-2
We are to imitate God’s love.
What does that mean for families and marriage?
- Born IN love… Your marriage should come out of the love you and your wife/husband have for each other.
- The marriage should come about THROUGH love, just as God was so intimate with Adam and Eve, highly personal, shaping one another.
- The marriage should be FOR love. The love of each other, the love of God and a Kingdom purpose of loving others around us.
Children – in, through, for love
Children should also be born IN love… they need to be thought about and planned for well before conception. Just as God was already love and then He lovingly designed this world for us, our children need to come out of an overflow of love between a married couple. Children don’t rescue marriages, they are not crutches to distract unhappy parents and to give meaning to an otherwise empty life. Children are an expression of the love that a couple have for one another.
Should come about THROUGH intimacy between the parents. A loving intimacy. The Message verse of the bible puts it like this…
Honor marriage, and guard the sacredness of sexual intimacy between wife and husband. God draws a firm line against casual and illicit sex. – Hebrews 13:4 MSG
The choice to have children should be FOR love. The love of those children, for the children to receive love from God, for the children to learn to love God… and for the kids to learn to loving others around us.
I believe that this is what God showed me, His heart for myself and my future wife and our child(ren). He is showing me His heart, His desire, His vision. I hope you can catch it before you are married. If you are already married, then catch it now and work with His Holy Spirit to make this your reality.
Through obedience this can be achieved, because with His help it will happen.