Today we consider how sin came to rule in this world.
Let’s take the time to look up these verses below and to consider that the state of the world is not because of bad people or because we humans haven’t got good enough laws or haven’t got enough education or good enough policing – instead the state of the world is a consequence of the reality that sin and therefore are experiencing the consequence of death in their lives.
Paul teaches that through the one sin of the one man, Adam,
- Sin entered the world Rom 5:12
- Death entered the world Rom 5:12
- Death come to all men Rom 5:12
- Death reigned Rom 5:14
- Many die by the trespass of the one man Rom 5:15
- The judgment followed one sin Rom 5:16
- And brought condemnation Rom 5:16
- Death reigned through one man Rom 5:17
- Condemnation for all men Rom 5.18
- Many made sinners Rom 5:19
- Sin reigned in death Rom 5:21
There it is, in a nutshell. The reason why people take pills, why they get insurance, why things degrade and fall apart. But was it always that way, and does the bible say it always will be this way? No, not at all.
Today, consider what it would mean to you personally, and what it would mean to society, if we could be free from sin and death. For example: Isaiah wrote a promise that because of Jesus Christ (the Christ, the Messiah) children will only die at a 100 years old and people would live to be as old as trees!
“Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
he who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere youth;
he who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.
– Is 65:20
Download the full daily devotional
Book: If My people (v35!) (1MB+) – A free daily devotional. 167 pages. Final ver. Needs editing.